Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Well, Basil My Rathbone!


Basil My Rathbone at Endeavour Arts is like a monthly after school program for adults...an unstuffy chance to buy a drink, doodle with the provided arts supplies, admire digital art, buy supplies or a piece of tech and/or talk to interesting people making art in Calgary. Oh yeah, they screen a classic film too!

I attended my first WBMR in March (featuring How To Steal A Million) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Keeping with the movie's theme, Kelly Hofer led an impressive effort to forge a painting. The series curator Zoe Klintberg provided an engaging background story about the film and the stars which definitely enhanced the viewing experience for me. The film selection was great too. There were probably 50 people in attendance, with space for twice that number. Did I mention that the viewing is FREE? Food and drink are by donation.

On Sunday April 13th the classic Singing in the Rain will be screened, the last film before a summer hiatus. Doors open for playtime at 6:30pm, film starts around 8. Check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment